Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The 3 O's

O is for Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient

Definitions:

OMNIP'OTENT, a. [supra.]
1. Almighty; possessing unlimited power; all powerful. The being that can create worlds must be omnipotent.
2. Having unlimited power of a particular kind; as omnipotent love.
OMNIPRES'ENT, a. Present in all places at the same time; ubiquitary; as the omnipresent Jehovah.  
OMNIS'CIENT, a. Having universal knowledge or knowledge of all things; infinitely knowing; all-seeing; as the omniscient God.

What does the Bible say? 

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
and by the breath of his mouth all their host. 
Daniel 2:21 He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;
Mark 4:37 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked ..
Matthew 6:53 53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? 
Psalm 139: 7-12 Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there; if I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
 
Genesis 28: 15-16  Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it" 
1John 3:20 20 for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.
Matthew 9:4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts?
John 1:47-48 47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!” 48 Nathanael said to him, “How do you know me?” Jesus answered him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
John 4:18 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true.” 
 

Personally....

Here are three things impossible for man but part of who God is. This is clearly where commonality with man ceases! Really, who do you know that has unlimited power, can be everywhere at one time, and possesses all knowledge? There is no one. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" -Romans 1:20 
I have many friends and I love them dearly but none of them hold a candle to my relationship with God. Realizing what He has done for me and who He is, creates in me a strong love and devotion to Him. To think I am His and you can be too. What a wonderful God!
 





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most thought provoking post and I shall return to it later to re-read it. Very interesting.

Yvonne.

Healing Wounded Hearts said...

Glad you came to visit Yvonne...

Tara Tyler said...

beautiful truth! thanks for spreading it!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wonderful truth! He is the Alpha and Omega!