Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Creator

CREATOR

 

Definition - Sustains the universe, maker, originator

 

What does the Bible say?

It is safe to say that in order to believe anything that is written in the Bible a belief in God must precede it. I suppose that is why this foundational truth is the very first words in the very first Book of the Bible. You only have to look around at nature. It screams of a creator outside ourselves. For those of you who believe, here are some scriptures to back it up. 
Psalm 24:1-2  
The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.
John 1:2-3
He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Hebrews 3:4
For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.
Psalm 89:11
The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours; the world and all that is in it, you have founded them.
 Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen. 

Personally.... 

Since early childhood I have always had a mind of my own. Strong-willed child I guess you'd say. This caused me a lot of grief when it came to answering to authority, namely my parents. I was constantly being punished! I drove them crazy. More importantly, as a Christian I found it hard to grasp the concept of being subject to God. Meditating on the knowledge that He created everything helped me see just how big He is and how small I am. This realization provided in me thankfulness, humility and a great respect and awe for God. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't worry about driving your parents crazy when younger, we parents have an unconditional love.

Enjoyed your post which was excellently written.
Yvonne,

Jen said...

Strong-willed is always preferable to stubborn. Of course, my father always said pig-headed :)

It's comforting to know that there is Someone who is in control of it all and who understands how everything is made (because He made it).

Cheers,
Jen

Jaime said...

I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge and am so glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower.

Unknown said...

Beautifully written. There's nothing wrong about being strong willed.
Connie #133
A to Z Challenge.
Peanut Butter and Whine