Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Impartiality

I is for Impartial

Definition- not partial or biased : treating or affecting all equally;  equitable; unprejudiced


What does the Bible say?

It is comforting to know that God treats everyone equally. That doesn't mean the same but equally. He offers the gift of Salvation to everyone. Here are some Scriptures for you to read referring to God's character and guidance for us. 
Acts 10:34  So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,
but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 
Romans 2:11  For God shows no partiality. 
Leviticus 19:18  You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord
James 2:8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 
Romans 12:9  Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 

Personally....

Growing up in a large family always left room for the threat of favoritism. Unfortunately, being second from the last of seven my Mom and Dad did have their favorites but it wasn't me. That always left me thinking that I was somehow less than acceptable. Thinking back I can recall many occasions where I felt hurt by that. That hurt ran so deep in me that I was particularly sensitive to the idea of favoritism. I remember thinking when I have kids, there will be no favorites. I made sure all three of my children were treated fairly.  I will admit that I may have had more in common with one above the other but truly loved them all the same in my heart! As a Christian I am comforted knowing God shows no favoritism. No matter what people say or do in regards to favoritism I hold strong to this truth of God's character!
 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of something my daughter said last year(I have 2 boys and a daughter) she said that I preferred my youngest son to her other brother and her. It is totally untrue, he lives in Spain and I get to see him once a year. I have always treated all three the same and can hold my head up high, since that day she hasn't spoken, changed her phone number even got married without inviting me or even telling me. I found out browsing through Face book and saw her wedding photo. I live in hope that one day she'll ring me.
Yvonne.

Healing Wounded Hearts said...

Yvonne- That must be painful for you. Do know that as you love her anyway, her perception will have less weight that your truthful words. Keep loving her anyway!